The song itself is pretty simple, especially when we drop it into a different key. There are only 4 basic chords: F, G, C, and Am.
(Note: If you want to play along side the actual song, check out the full version of the "Rude" tutorial.)
The same 4 chords are used throughout the song, and you just change up your strumming pattern for each part.
- Verse (reggae strum): F, G, C, Am (repeat 8x)
- Bridge (single downstrum): F, G, C, Am; F, G, C-G-Am
- Chorus pt 1 (reggae strum): F, G, C, Am (repeat 2x)
- Chorus pt 2 (three downstrokes): F, G, C, Am (repeat 2x)
- Chorus pt 3 (reggae strum): F, G, C, Am (repeat 2x)
Be sure to watch the video to see how it's done. Have fun!
(Interested in the full version of "Rude"? Check out this version!)